Elsewhere: Week of March 15, 2021
Elsewhere is a series of interesting things I came across during the week, published every Sunday.
- As developers, we often optimize for the “happy path”, but as Kat Holmes points out, inclusive design means designing for edge cases.
- I never really liked the strips that featured Spike when I was a kid, but this Twitter thread made me rethink the character, especially relevant after this year of isolation.
- Simply, “here is the article you can send to people when they say, 'but the environmental issues with crypto art will be solved soon, right?'”
- Video game designers in the 90s came up with fascinating hacks to create certain effects — this twitter thread explores how mirrors worked in Duke Nukem 3D.
- I generally avoid sharing listicles, but here are 12 things disabled people want their non-disabled fiends to know.